What Do the Friends Do?
- By supporting the Library and its programs, Friends fill a vital need in our community. They help bring special events and exhibits, book sales, music programs and a variety of education and recreational programs to the library.
- Friends are volunteers and supporters who are asked to do only as much as they feel comfortable doing.
- Friends work with the Library Director to achieve mutual goals. They serve in a variety of capacities as fund-raisers, tour guides, decorators, hosts and hostesses, and program sponsors. In addition, Friends can represent a library lover’s point of view to legislators.
- Most importantly, Friends offer input to ensure the Library, its board and its staff continue the traditions that have made the London Public Library great!
Friends of the London Public Library meet the 4th Monday of every month from 6-7 pm at the library.
Friends Membership Options
We appreciate your interest in becoming a Friend. 100% of your membership goes toward bringing more services and materials to our library.
Friends’ Board Members
- Martina Walters – President
- Lori Powell – Vice President
- Paula Herald – Treasurer
- Debbie Cochran – Secretary
- Denise Worthington
- Nick Adkins
- Marshall Geib
The Friends hold regular Book Sales between May and October in the Book Nook located behind the library. Items for sale include books, audio books, DVDs, and music CDs. Please visit our Events Page for dates of upcoming Book Sales.
Visit the Friends’ Gift Case at the library for great gifts at great prices. All proceeds benefit the library through programs and services.