An evening with Dominique Moceanu.
The London Public Library and the Friends of the Library, along with the London City Schools are pleased to bring you an evening with Olympic Medalist and Author, Dominique Moceanu on Wednesday, September 18 at 6:30 pm at the London High School Auditorium.
Mrs. Moceanu will talk about her life and Olympic quests, including the authoring of several books during her presentation. She will also be available for book signing after the speaking engagement. Books will be available for purchase at the event.
Free Admission with Tickets: To attend the event, stop in the library and get your complimentary tickets prior to the engagement. Tickets are required to assure available seating. If you do not have a ticket we cannot guarantee you a seat.
Profile from Dominque's website at www.dominique-moceanu.com.
Sixteen years since first gracing the Olympic stage, 1996 Olympic Gold Medalist Dominique Moceanu continues to inspire countless young athletes all over the world. Proudly recognized as the youngest U.S. National Champion in gymnastics history, Dominique remains active through her involvement with camps and clinics across the country. She also delivers personal messages of motivation, focus and healthy living through her speaking engagements and special appearances. Now a mother of two, Dominique continues to extend her resume with personal and professional milestones, reflecting a distinct evolution beyond her gold medal years.
- June 2012 - Dominique publishes her memoir, Off Balance
- April 2012 - The first books in Dominique's Disney/Hyperion book series, The Go-For-The-Gold Gymnasts are released
- September 2011 - Dominique inducted into Cleveland Sports Hall of Fame
- August 2010 - Dominique inducted into the USA Gymnastics Hall of Fame
- September 2009 - Dominique inks deal with Disney/Hyperion to co-author The Go-For-The-Gold Gymnasts, a four-book series
- May 2009 - Dominique graduates with B.S. in Business Management from John Carroll University
- March 2009 - Dominique welcomes second child, Vincent Michael
- July 2008 - Dominique inducted into U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame
- December 2007 - Dominique gives birth to first child, daughter Carmen Noel on Christmas Day
- November 2006 - Dominique weds Dr. Michael Canales, a former Ohio State gymnast, in her hometown of Houston, Texas
- January 2004 - Dominique launches a competition bearing her name, the first-ever Dominique Moceanu Invitational, in Cleveland, Ohio
- January 2004 - Dominique releases a personalized bobblehead doll, a first for the gymnastics world